The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your Shipment for Christmas 2022
Christmas is coming, and that means it’s time to panic about getting your cargo on time! Okay, maybe not panic, but it is definitely time to start planning.
If you want to make sure your shipment arrives on time for Christmas, you need to start planning now. This guide will walk you through everything you need to do to ensure your cargo arrives on schedule. We’ll cover everything from choosing the right freight shipping method to tracking your international shipments. So, sit down, relax, and read on. We’ll take care of the rest!
Shipping Could Be Very Expensive During Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner, so it’s time to start thinking about shipping your cargo. If you’re not careful, you could end up paying a lot of money for freight shipping services.
Shipping Delays May Occur During Christmas
It’s the most wonderful time of the year but can also be the most frustrating. That’s because shipping delays often occur during the holiday season.
Why is that? It’s because of the high demand for shipping services. Everyone is trying to get their cargo delivered before Christmas, so cargo gets overloaded and shipping companies are overwhelmed with deliveries.
So be prepared for the possibility of a delay. And if your shipment doesn’t arrive on time, don’t panic. There are still a lot of days left until Christmas.
How to Avoid the Christmas 2022 Shipping Delays
So how to avoid shipping delays for Christmas 2022 and how to prepare your shipment for Pre-Christmas Delivery?
1. Know the Shipping Cut-off Time for Pre-Christmas Delivery
First of all, take a look at the shipping cutoff time for your particular carrier. This is the date by which your cargo needs to be shipped in order to arrive at the destination on time for Christmas, especially when you use Sea Freight + UPS Combined or Air Freight + UPS Combined shipping method. After your international shipment arrives in your destination country and you need to use an express carrier such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL to make the final mile delivery for your customers.
For DHL, the cutoff time is December 22th, For USPS, it’s December 20th. For FedEx, it’s December 20th. And for UPS, it’s December 19th. So make sure you factor these dates into your planning.
2. Anticipate Customer Questions
Customers expect their order on a particular day and you expect the freight forwarder/carrier to deliver. However, shipping delays can’t be completely controlled, so your next best option is to be prepared to support your customers when shipping delays may happen.
- What are they going to want to know? How can you answer their questions before they even ask?
- Use a package tracking tool. This will help you keep a close eye on your shipment’s progress.
- Tell customers to stay calm and be patient. Sometimes things don’t go as planned, but we’ll do everything we can to get your package to you on time.
3. Keep A Close Watch On Your Inventory
The critical thing to remember if you want your cargo to arrive on time for Christmas 2022: Keep a close watch on your inventory and make sure you have enough stock to meet the demand.
4. Understand What Extra Fees May Be Applied to Your Shipping Overhead
Now it’s time to learn about the fees that may be applied to your cargo. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Some carriers may charge an extra fee for rural areas.
- If you’re ordering a large or heavy package, you may be charged an extra fee for overweight or oversized items.
- If you need to ship urgently, consider using air cargo to avoid international shipping delays and possibly wait fees.
- Some carriers may also charge an extra fee for express shipping. ABL Logistics offers door-door international delivery services at all-inclusive fees. Get a quote now to enjoy up to 70% shipping rate discount from the four biggest carriers.
So before you place your order, make sure you’re aware of any potential fees that may apply. That way, there won’t be any surprises when your bill arrives.
5. Plan Ahead & Ship for Cheaper And Faster
If you’re looking to get your international shipment delivered on time for Christmas 2022, you’ll need to start planning ahead now. Here are a few tips for shipping your international cargo so that they arrive on time:
- Plan ahead and ship as early as possible. The earlier you ship your international cargo, the more likely it will arrive on time.
- Ship via a courier that offers tracking. This will help you keep tabs on your package and ensure it arrives to your customers on time.
- Pay for shipping insurance. If something happens to your package while it’s in transit, this will help you get your money back.
- Package your items securely to avoid damage in transit. Use sturdy boxes and packing materials to protect your items during transport.
- For time-sensitive goods, transportation by air freight is the best alternative. But remember that you should book at least 1-2 weeks before Christmas for air shipments. For ocean shipments, please book 3-5 weeks before Christmas.
Things You Can Do To Save Money
There are a few things you can do to help save money on your Christmas international shipping. For starters, consolidate your orders into as few packages as possible. This will help reduce the shipping costs for each package.
You can also save money by choosing a slower shipping method. For example, if you’re ordering something that doesn’t need to be delivered ASAP, choose the sea freight and UPS combined shipping method instead of air freight or international express delivery.
Finally, you can get discounted bulk cargo shipping rates if you ship your cargo in bulk. You need to contact a few shipping companies to see who can offer you the best deal. Contact us to get the best rates guaranteed.
1. Using UPS、FedEx or USPS
How do you ensure your packages arrive on time for Christmas 2022? Which shipping carrier offers the best rates?
Well, here’s the good news: all major carriers offer various services to deliver your packages on time. For example, UPS, FedEx, and USPS all offer express services that will guarantee delivery by Christmas.
Using an international courier is generally more reliable and quicker than by sea or traditional air freight, whether DHL, UPS, FedEx, or TNT. Get up to 70% discounted shipping rates by partnering with ABL Logistics.
2. Choose Sea Freight Over Air Freight
You have two main options when shipping your international cargo: sea freight or air freight. Both have their pros and cons, but in general, sea freight is a better option if you’re looking for a more cost-effective shipping method. Just make sure that the delivery time is still within your acceptable range.
3. Don’t Forget the Last Mile Delivery
Planning ahead and giving yourself enough time for last-mile delivery is important—factor in potential delays caused by weather, traffic, and other unforeseen circumstances. And if you’re worried about your packages arriving on time, consider using a last-mile delivery service.
ABL Logistics offers China sourcing, warehousing, global shipping and last mile transportation solutions for international B2B and B2C customers.
Save time and money TODAY by working with ABL Logistics as your last mile carrier, leveraging our broad range of final mile international shipping services and our value-added freight solutions to optimize your budget.
Christmas Shipping in a Nutshell
Christmas Shipping season expectations among consumers are no longer what they used to be. Their expectations for same-day or next-day delivery are becoming the norm. Keeping these key factors in mind:
- Have a clear understanding of all the carriers’ Christmas shipping schedules.
- Starting now is the key to avoiding any major rush closer to the holidays.
- Work with a reliable international freight forwarder to ensure your cargo arrives safely in the destination country.
- Take your time, think clearly, and make sure you do everything possible to avoid any delays.
By following the above guidelines, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the Christmas season without worrying about your international cargo. If you’re overwhelmed with handling the logistics, let ABL Logistics help you arrange your international Christmas shipping.